When schools are closed or transportation is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, details will be announced on the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board website https://www.hwcdsb.ca/
and Hamilton-Wentworth Student Transportation Services website (http://www.hamiltonschoolbus.ca/public_v2/ ...
) as well as the following Hamilton and area media outlets:
Bounce 102.9 FM Y108 FM / Energy 95.3 FM / 900 CHML Jewel 92 FM / CKPC 1380 AM / Hot Country 93.9 CHCH TV Morning Live (Channel 11) CBC Hamilton www.cbc.ca/hamilton
The Hamilton Spectator http://www.thespec.com
School closures and bus cancellations will be posted on the HWCDSB and HWSTS websites and communicated to the local media by 7:00 a.m., or earlier whenever possible. If schools close the information will be posted on the HWCDSB and HWSTS websites (and social media channels) and sent to the media for dissemination. In addition, each school will initiate its own procedures for notifying parents of early closures due to inclement weather.
We ask parents/guardians to take notice of the following guidelines:
• In the event of impending severe weather conditions, parents should consider the safety of their children in deciding whether or not to send them to school;
• Parents should stay tuned to Hamilton and area radio stations for weather reports and school board announcements;
• Parents who, in spite of bus cancellation, drive their children to school, should ensure that their children can get into the school and will be required to make the necessary arrangements for the safe return home of their children at the end of the day or in the event of an early closure. Buses which do not run in the morning will not run for the rest of the day;
• Phone calls to the school during severe weather conditions are to be made only in the case of extreme emergency;
• Parents are requested to provide the school with the name and telephone number of an alternate, (someone who lives in close proximity to the home) who would be willing to act on their behalf in the event that they cannot be reached. Thank you for your assistance.