A student mental health parent/guardian newsletter, published quarterly by the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board, provides information on HWCDSB student mental health initiatives as well as much needed parent/guardian resources to support children’s mental health. This school year, the resources have been branded “HWCDSB Cares”
in our continued commitment to support student mental health and wellness.
Included in this autumn issue:
• Emotion Coaching sessions for parents;
• A link to the Faith and Wellness resource;
• Fun mental health practices at home;
• Strategies on easing your child’s back to school concerns;
• HWCDSB Back to School Student Mental Health Kit;
• School Mental Health Ontario — Mentally Healthy Back to School Support Package;
• HWCDSB Anonymous Bullying Reporting Tool; and,
• Community mental health services and resources.